9th FORTH Retreat
Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas (www.forth.gr) organized the 9th FORTH Retreat, which took place in Loutra Kyllinis, at the Olympia Riviera Resort Hotel (5*), on October 9th and 10th 2009. The Retreat aimed to encourage FORTH people to develop relationships among colleagues across Institutes, and to share innovative ideas and approaches for enhancing research and learning. The Symposium served as a spring board for dialogue and the creation of new initiatives.
The Symposium program included five (5) focused interdisciplinary research themes, namely,
- Biosciences: Biomedicine, Tissue Mechanics, Bioinformatics
- New Materials – Nanotechnology for Innovative Applications
- Smart Environments and Ambient Intelligence: Research Directions, Technologies and Applications
- Environmental, Physiological and Engineering Flows: Computational Models and Measurements
- Technology in the Service of Art & Cultural Heritage Management
Distinguished invited plenary speakers from Greece and abroad addressed the Symposium and FORTH researchers reported on their interdisciplinary work.