The mission of the Institute is to:
• Conduct forefront scientific research.
• Develop innovative technological products and key enabling technologies (KETs).
• Cooperate with leading research & development organizations.
• Develop strategic collaborations with industrial companies in EU and other countries.
• Provide training and advanced education to new researchers.
• Exploit R&D achievements through patents and the creation of spin-off companies.
• Contribute to the development of the Region of Western Greece.
• Contribute to the technological and economic growth of Greece.