Dept. of Chemical Engineering
University of Patras, Greece
Research Project, Scientists etcSearch
1988: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1984: Diploma in Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Patras, Greece
Structure-function relationships in catalytic systems. Derivation of structure-activity relationships. Molecular structure of supported and mixed metal oxide catalysts. Molecular spectroscopy and vibrational isotope effects. Probing structural properties and defects in ceria based mixed oxide materials.
Spectroscopic and structural studies of high temperature gases and molten salts.
Physicochemical properties of catalytic systems in molten salts and ionic liquids.
Breakdown and damage of parchment materials at the molecular level by Raman spectroscopy.
2006-2011: Associate Professor, Dept. of Chem. Eng., Univ. of Patras, Greece
2000-2005: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chem. Eng., Univ. of Patras, Greece
1995-2000: Lecturer, Dept. of Chem. Eng., Univ. of Patras, Greece
1991-1995: Adjunct Lecturer, Dept. of Chem. Eng., Univ. of Patras, Greece
1991-1995: Post-Doctoral Fellow, ICE/HT-FORTH, Greece
1988-1989: Post Doctoral Fellow, Norwegian Institute of Technology, Univ. of Trondheim, Norway
- National Prize, Greek Mathematical Foundation (1978), Honorary Fellow
- Greek State Fellowship Foundation (1981-1984)
- Calouste Gulbenkian Fellow (1982-1988)
- ICE/HT-FORTH Fellowship (1984-1988)
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
Coordinator in BRITE-EURAM and NATO/SfP programmes, Scientific Responsible in ENVIRONMENT, BRITE-EURAM, NATO/SfP, ENERGY & SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, INTAS, PENED, THALHS, THEPIS and EPEAEK programmes.
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
88 refereed journal papers. 20 papers in refereed proceedings. 3 book chapters.
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
Participation in 156 international and national conferences (16 invited lectures).
OTHER PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras (2011 – 2013)
- National representative at MC/Cost D36 (“Molecular Structure – Performance Relationships at the Surface of Functional Materials”) and at MC/Cost CM1104 (“Reducible Oxide Chemistry- Structure and Function”)
- Editorial Board Member, “Green Chemistry”, Royal Society of Chemistry (1999 – 2003)
- Vice chairman, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras (2009 – 2011, 2013 – 2015)
Chemical Thermodynamics, Molecular Spectroscopy, Plant Design and Economics for Chemical Engineers, Physical Chemistry.
- Gold catalysts supported on Y-modified ceria for CO-free hydrogen production via PROX.L. Ilieva, P. Petrova, G. Pantaleo, R. Zanella, L.F. Liotta, V. Georgiev, S. Boghosian, Z. Kaszkur, A.M. Venezia, T. Tabakova, Appl. Catal. B-Envirom., 188, (2016) 154 – 168.
- Molybdena Deposited on Titania by Equilibrium Deposition Filtration: Evolution of the Structural Configuration of Oxo-Molybdenum (VI) Sites with Temperature, G. Tsilomelekis, G. D. Panagiotou, P. Stathi, A. G. Kalampounias, K. Bourikas, Ch.Kordulis, Y. Deligiannakis, S. Boghosian and A. Lycourghiotis. Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 18, (2016), 23980 – 23989.
- Structural and Redox Properties of Ce1-XZrxO2-? and Ce0.8Zr0.15RE0.05O2-? (RE: La, Nd, Pr, Y) Solids Studied by High Temperature in situ Raman Spectroscopy, C. Andriopoulou, A. Trimpalis, K. C. Petallidou, A. Sgoura, A. M. Efstathiou and S. Boghosian, J. Phys. Chem. C, 121, (2017),7931-7943.
- Heterogeneity of Deposited Phases in Supported Transition Metal Oxide Catalysts: Reversible Temperature Dependent Evolution of Molecular Structures and Configurations, C. Andriopoulou and S. Boghosian, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys, 20, (2018), 1742 – 1751.
- Ceria Nonoparticles Shape Effects on the Structural Defects and Surface Chemistry: Implications in CO Oxidation by CuO/Ceria Oxides, M. Lykaki, E. Pachatouridou, S. A. C. Carabineiro, E. Iliopoulou, C. Andriopoulou, N. Kallithrakas-Kontos, S. Boghosian and M. Konsolakis, Appl. Catal. B-Envirom., 230, (2018), 18 – 28.
- Di-oxo and Tri-oxo Re(VII)-oxosulfato complexes in the Re2O7-K2S2O7¬ Molten System. Molecular Structure, Vibrational Properties and Temperature-Dependent Interconversion, C. Andriopoulou, Ι. Anastasiou and S. Boghosian, Vibrational Spectroscopy, 100, (2019), 14-21.
- Tuning the configuration of dispersed oxometallic sites in supported transition metal oxide catalysts: A temperature dependent Raman study. C. Andriopoulou and S. Boghosian, Catal. Today, 336, (2019), 74 – 83.
- Molecular Structure and Termination Configuration of Oxo-Re(VII) Catalyst Sites Supported on Titania, C. Andriopoulou and S. Boghosian, Catal. Today, 355, (2020), 665 – 677
- In situ Raman Spectroscopy as a Tool for Discerning Subtle Structural Differences Between Commercial (Ce,Zr)O2-Based OSC Materials of Identical Composition, C. Andriopoulou, D. Harris, H. Stephenson, A. M. Eftsathiou and S. Boghosian, Catalysts, 10, (2020), 462.