Dept. of Chemistry
University of Patras, Greece
Research Project, Scientists etcSearch
1985: PhD in Chemistry, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1980: Diploma in Chemistry, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1999: Postgraduate Certificate in Open and Distance Education, Hellenic Open University
Heterogeneous Catalysis. Catalysts preparation. Porous materials. Surface characterization. Oil upgrading. Bio-Fuels. Environmental catalysis.
1983-1984: Research Fellow, Univ. Catholique de Louvain, Louvain 1a Neuve, Belgium
1988-1991: Lecturer, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1992-1998: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1998-2005: Associate Professor, Dept. of Chemistry, Univ. of Patras, Greece
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
Participation in five international and thirteen national programs (Coordinator in two of them).
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
130 refereed journal papers, 1 patent, 90 papers in conference proceedings, 9 Textbooks.
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
Presentations in 40 international (5 invited lectures), Member of organizing committee in 6 conferences.
Hellenic Catalysis Society. Greek Association of Chemists.
Courses on: Chemical Processes / Heterogeneous Catalysis / Pollution Control in Gases, Solids, Liquids / Chemistry and Technology of Materials / Characterization and Evaluation of Solid Catalysts /Surface Characterization of Materials.
Laboratory of: Chemical Processes / Chemistry and Technology of Materials.
Supervision of: 8 PhD and more than 35 MSc theses
- “Titanium dioxide (anatase and rutile): Surface Chemistry, Liquid – Solid Interface Chemistry and Scientific Synthesis of Supported Catalysts” K. Bourikas, C. Kordulis, A. Lycourghiotis, Chemical Reviews, 114(19), 9754-9823 (2014)
- “Development of nickel based catalysts for the transformation of natural triglycerides and related compounds into green diesel: A critical review”, C. Kordulis, K. Bourikas, M. Gousi, E. Kordouli, A. Lycourghiotis, Applied Catalysis B: Environ. 181, 156-196 (2016)
- “Transformation of limonene into p-cymene over acid activated natural mordenite utilizing atmospheric oxygen as a green oxidant: A novel mechanism”, D. Makarouni, S. Lycourghiotis, E. Kordouli, K. Bourikas, C. Kordulis, V. Dourtoglou, Applied Catalysis B: Environ. 224, 740-750 (2018)
- “Mo promoted Ni-Al2O3 co-precipitated catalysts for green diesel production”, E. Kordouli, B. Pawelec, K. Bourikas, C. Kordulis, J.L.G. Fierro, A. Lycourghiotis, Applied Catalysis B: Environ. 229, 139-154 (2018)
- “Nickel catalysts supported on palygorskite for transformation of waste cooking oils into green diesel”, S. Lycourghiotis, E. Kordouli, L. Sygellou, K. Bourikas, C. Kordulis, Applied Catalysis B: Environ. 259, 118059 (2019)
- “Transformation of residual fatty raw materials into third generation green diesel over a nickel catalyst supported on mineral palygorskite”, S. Lycourghiotis, E. Kordouli, C.Kordulis, K. Bourikas, Renewable Energy, 180, 773-786 (2021)
See more in http://www.chem.upatras.gr/faculty/kordulis and www.publicationslist.org/kordulis