ANDRIKOPOULOS, Konstantinos S.
ANDRIKOPOULOS, Konstantinos S.
Dept. of Physics
University of Patras, Greece
Research Project, Scientists etcSearch
2001: PhD in Chemical Engineering (Chemical Physics), University of Patras, Greece
1993: Diploma in Physics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
Vibrational spectroscopy: study of materials at molecular level, in situ, non-invasive/non-destructive applications, structural studies under extreme conditions – high/low temperature & high pressures
Structure and properties of composite materials and nanomaterials
2020-present: Associate Professor, Physics of condensed matter, Department of Physics, University Patras
2012-2020: Senior Research Fellow FORTH/ICEHT
2004-2012: PostDoc and collaborating scientist in Physics Division, School of Technology, AUTh, Greece
2000-2004: Ormylia Art Diagnosis Center
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
Participation in 22 EU and National research projects. Most recent:
Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation – I (NSRF 2014-2020): Development of Surface Coating Processes in Cotton Yarns / Fabrics for Single Stage Dyeing with Reduced Environmental Impact (ChromaSurf) July 9, 2018 – April 8, 2022.
Safe by design, from science to regulation: multi-component nanomaterials (RIA), H2020-NMBP-TO-IND-2018-2020, NMBP-16-2020: Development and scaled Implementation of sAfe by design tools and Guidelines for multicOmponent aNd hArn nanomateriaLs (DIAGONAL) May 1, 2021 – Oct 31, 2024.
Competitiveness, Entrepreneurship and Innovation – II (NSRF 2014-2020): High Performance Industrial Materials based on Nanocellulose (HIPERION) 29 July 2021 – 28 Nov. 2023.
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
73 in peer-reviewed journals; h-index 24 (Scopus), 26 (Google Scholar); 1 chapter in international book + 5 more contributions to books (in Greek)
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
Participation in more than 85 International and National Conferences
Master Courses: 12 semester courses, Undergraduate courses: >60 semester courses.
- N. Prokopi, K.S. Andrikopoulos, A. Soto Beobide, G.A. Voyiatzis and D.J. Papachristou “Collagen orientation probed by polarized Raman spectra can serve as differential diagnosis indicator between different grades of meniscus degeneration”, Scientific Reports, 11: 20299-10 (2021). [https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-021-99569-2]
- Z.G. Lada, K.S. Andrikopoulos, A. Chrissanthopoulos, S.P. Perlepes and G.A. Voyiatzis “A known Iron(II) Complex in Different Nanoparticle Sizes: Variable-Temperature Raman Study of its Spin-Crossover Behavior”, Inorg. Chem., 58(8) 5183-5195 (2019).
- S. Andrikaki, K. Govatsi, S. N. Yannopoulos, G. A. Voyiatzis and K.S. Andrikopoulos, “Attaining semi-quantitative SERS measurements on thermally dewetted Au films” Adv. Device Mater. 3, 30-34 (2017). [https://doi.org/10.1080/20550308.2017.1372096]
- G. Sfyri, S. Sfaelou, K.S. Andrikopoulos, N. Balis, G.A. Voyiatzis, and P. Lianos “Composite ZnSe‐CdSe Quantum Dot Sensitizers of Solid‐State Solar Cells and the Beneficial Effect of Added Na2S” J. Phys. Chem. C, 118, 16547‐16551 (2014). [10.1021/jp412134m]
- K.S. Andrikopoulos, G. Bounos, D. Tasis, L. Sygellou, V. Drakopoulos, G.A. Voyiatzis, “The Effect of Thermal Reduction on the Water Vapor Permeation in Graphene Oxide Membranes”, Advanced Materials Interfaces, 1, 1400250 (2014). [10.1002/admi.201400250]
- G. Bounos, K.S. Andrikopoulos, T.K. Karachalios, G.A. Voyiatzis “Evaluation of multi-walled carbon nanotube concentrations in polymer nanocomposites by Raman spectroscopy” Carbon, 76, 301-309 (2014). [10.1016/j.carbon.2014.04.081]
- K.S. Andrikopoulos, D. Christofilos, G.A. Kourouklis, S.N. Yannopoulos, “Pressure dependence of the Boson peak in glassy As2S3 studied by Raman Scattering”, J. Non‐Crystal. Solids, 4594, 352 (2006). [10.1016/j.jnoncrysol.2005.12.056]
- K.S. Andrikopoulos, S.N. Yannopoulos, G.A. Voyiatzis, A.V. Kolobov, M Ribes, J Tominaga, “Raman scattering study of the a‐GeTe structure and possible mechanism for the amorphous to crystal transition”, J. Phys‐Condens. Mat., 18, 965‐979 (2006). [10.1088/0953‐8984/18/3/014]
- K.S. Andrikopoulos, Sister Daniilia, B. Roussel, K. Janssens, “In vitro validation of a mobile Raman–XRF micro-analytical instrument’s capabilities on the diagnosis of Byzantine icons”, J. Raman Spectrosc., 37, 1026 (2006). [10.1002/jrs.1612]
- S.N. Yannopoulos and K.S. Andrikopoulos, “Raman scattering study on structural and dynamical features of noncrystalline selenium”, J. Chem. Phys., 121, 4747 (2004). [http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1780151]
- A.G. Kalampounias, K.S. Andrikopoulos, and S.N. Yannopoulos, “Probing the sulfur polymerization transition in situ with Raman spectroscopy”, J. Chem. Phys. 118, 8460 (2003). [http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.1566938]
- G. A. Voyiatzis and K. S. Andrikopoulos, “Fast monitoring of the Molecular Orientation in Drawn Polymers using micro-Raman Spectroscopy”, Appl. Spectr., 56(4), 528 (2002). [10.1366/0003702021954999]
- G.A. Voyiatzis, K.S. Andrikopoulos, G.N. Papatheodorou, E.I. Kamitsos, G.D. Chryssikos, J.A. Kapoutsis, S.H. Anastasiadis, and G. Fytas, ‘‘Polarized Resonance Raman and FT-IR Reflectance spectroscopic investigation of the Molecular orientation in industrial poly(vinyl chloride) specimens’’, Macromolecules, 33, 5613-5623 (2000). [ doi: 10.1021/ma991772m]