Dept of Chemistry
University of Patras, Greece
Research Project, Scientists etcSearch
1994: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
1989: BSc. in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, University of Athens
Stimuli-responsive polymers, functional polymers, hydrogels, nanoparticles and hybrid organic/inorganic nanostructured materials for potential applications as responsive soft materials, sorbents and sensors.
2018 – present: Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras
2011- 2018: Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras
2002-2011: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Patras
2001- 04/2002: Adjunct Lecturer, Department of Materials Science, University of Patras
09/2000-01/2001: Visiting Lecturer, Department of Chemistry, University of Cyprus
1999-2000: Post-doctoral researcher (Marie Curie return grant), Department of Chemical Engineering, University of Patras
1996-1998 : Post-doctoral researcher (Marie Curie grant), Laboratoire de Physico-chimie Macromoleculaire, ESPCI, Paris
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
Coordinator in 4 National Projects, Principal Investigator in 7 National and 1 European Competitive Project
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
75 publications in peer-reviewed international scientific journals, 4 chapters in books, 1 patent
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
82 contributions in national and international conferences
Association of Greek Chemists, Hellenic Polymer Society
Graduate and undergraduate courses in: Chemical Technology, Chemistry and Technology of Materials, Chemical Industries, Analytical Chemistry (lab courses), Polymer Synthesis and Characterization, Polymer Properties, Advanced (functional) Polymers
- “A Custom Ultra-Low-Cost 3D Bioprinter Supports Cell Growth and Differentiation”. K. Ioannidis, R.I. Danalatos, S.C. Tsaniras, K. Kaplani, G. Lokka, A. Kanellou, D.J. Papachristou, G. Bokias, Z. Lygerou, S. Taraviras. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 2020, 8, art. numb. 580889.
- “Multifunctional polymeric platform of magnetic ferrite colloidal superparticles for luminescence, imaging, and hyperthermia applications”. Z. Iatridi, K. Vamvakidis, I. Tsougos, K. Vassiou, C. Dendrinou-Samara and G. Bokias. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 35059?35070.
- “Polymeric quaternary ammonium-containing coatings with potential dual contact-based and release-based antimicrobial activity”. D. Druvari, N. D. Koromilas, G. Ch. Lainioti, G. Bokias, G. Vasilopoulos, A. Vantarakis, I. Baras, N. Dourala and J. K. Kallitsis. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2016, 8, 35593?35605.
- “Quinoline-functionalized cross-linked poly(vinyl acetate) and poly(vinyl alcohol) nanoparticles as potential pH-responsive luminescent sensors”. A. Moutsiopoulou, A.K. Andreopoulou, G. Lainioti, G. Bokias, G. Voyiatzis and J.K. Kallitsis. Sensors and Actuators B, 2015, 211, 235-244.
- “Use of poly(N,N-dimethylacrylamide-co-sodium acrylate) hydrogel to extract cationic dyes and metals from water”. V. Bekiari, M. Sotiropoulou, G. Bokias and P. Lianos. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng. Aspects 2008, 312, 214-218.
- “Control of the lower critical solution temperature – type cononsolvency properties of poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) in water – dioxane mixtures through copolymerisation with acrylamide”. G. Dalkas, K. Pagonis and G. Bokias. Polymer 2006, 47, 243-248.
- “Soluble hydrogen-bonding interpolymer complexes and pH-controlled thickening phenomena in water”. M. Sotiropoulou, G. Bokias and G. Staikos. Macromolecules 2003, 36, 1349-1354.
- “Positively charged amphiphilic polymers based on poly(N isopropylacrylamide): Phase behavior and shear-induced thickening in aqueous solution”. G. Bokias, D. Hourdet and I. Iliopoulos. Macromolecules 2000, 33, 2929-2935.