Research Project, Scientists etcSearch
1990: PhD in Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Patras, Greece
1984: Diploma in Chemical Engineering, Univ. of Patras, Greece
Multiphase flow and transport processes through porous media: Soil
and aquifer remediation from organic contaminants using biochemical
processes (including natural attenuation) and/or aqueous surfactant
solution floods; Underground pollution and risk assessment; Enhanced
Particulate systems and aerosol filtration.
Stability of emulsions and thin liquid films.
Development of instruments for the determination of the shape and the
refractive index of non-spherical particles in liquid suspensions.
Mathematical analysis, modelling and computer-aided simulation of physicochemical processes.
1994-1997: Adjunct Lecturer (non-remunerated), University of Patras,
1991-1995: Post-Doctoral Fellow, FORTH/ICE-HT, Greece
1989-1990: Post-Doctoral Fellow, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign,
PARTICIPATION IN RESEARCH PROJECTS
Participation in international (BRITE-EURAM; TEMPUS; Environment & Climate; INCO; Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development; ERDF; Regions of Knowledge), national (EPET; PAVE; PENED; EPAN; Excelence) and industrial RTD projects.
PUBLICATIONS IN SCIENTIFIC JOURNALS
13 refereed journal papers, 2 papers in books, 19 papers in proceedings of national and international conferences.
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES
Presentations at 18 international and 13 national conferences.
1996-1997: Unit Operations II (Department of Chemical Engineering, University
of Patras, Greece)
1994-1996: Chemical Engineering Laboratory I (Department of Chemical
Engineering, University of Patras, Greece)
1993-1997: Solid-gas separation methods (Department of Chemistry, University
of Sofia, Bulgaria)
- “Flow, Transport and Controlled Sedimentation of Salt Solutions in Porous Formations with Enhanced Structural Properties“, E. D. Skouras, V. Sygouni, G. N. Constantinides, and C. A. Paraskeva, Crystal Growth and Design, 16 (11), 6230-6238 (2016)
- “Diffusive Dissolution of a Drop in a Capillary“, V. V. Ugrozov, A. N. Filippov, C. A. Paraskeva, G. N. Constantinides, and V. M. Starov, Colloids and Surfaces A-Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 239 (1-3), 129-133 (2004)
- “Visualization Experiments of Biodegradation in Porous Media and Calculation of the Biodegradation Rate“, D. V. Vayenas, E. Michalopoulou, G. N. Constantinides, S. Pavlou, and A. C. Payatakes, Advances in Water Resources, 25 (2), 203-219 (2002)
- “Effects of Precursor Wetting Films in Immiscible Displacement through Porous Media“, G. N. Constantinides, and A. C. Payatakes, Transport in Porous Media, 38, 291-317 (2000)
- “Mechanistic Model of Steady-State Two-Phase Flow in Porous Media Based on Ganglion Dynamics“, M. S. Valavanides, G. N. Constantinides, and A. C. Payatakes, Transport in Porous Media, 30, 267-299 (1998)
- “Effect of the Surfactant Concentration on the Kinetic Stability
of Thin Foam and Emulsion Films“, K. P. Velikov, O. D. Velev, K. G. Marinova, and G. N. Constantinides, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans., 93 (11), 2069-2075 (1997)